Monday, October 18, 2010

Poulsbo's Marathon

This was a big weekend for little old Poulsbo, Washington. The inaugural Poulsbo Marathon was held on Sunday morning. There was also a half marathon. With Matt in San Diego doing Navy stuff, I decided to join the other runners and try out the hilly but scenic course(half marathon). No pictures of the actual race as I was too busy run/walking and otherwise just trying to complete the long 13 miles. I did get a t-shirt and since Baylee wasn't doing anything, I got her to model it for some pictures.


Baylee's not much into the modeling thing.  No treats involved and all that.

All of the runners who completed the course were awarded medals.  Here is Baylee again modeling my medal.  She is a little more engaged in the task here after she heard the magic word.  Yes, she got a treat after this.

This is the number that I wore.  Makes me feel like a real athlete when I wear a number. A real athlete. Yeah, right.
No, I didn't pin that on Baylee. 

This is how I felt after the race.

Don't know if I'll do it again next year. Maybe after the blisters heal and the aches and pains subside, I'll think about it.  Oh, and Baylee is going to be really happy when Matt gets back.  It means I bug her less.